Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 114: I'm so lucky

Day 114: I'm so lucky...



Today is crazy. Following a fun and family filled, crazy holiday weekend away, the girls had to get up and get to school. I need to reassemble my house, find places for all the new things, get food, do laundry, and put away the new clothes we picked up last week before going out of town. Whew.



My little Miss S slowly got up, and gradually got ready. I threw on my sneakers next to her as she finished getting dressed at the top of the stairs, so that she can sit on the heat vent. When she was ready, she crawled in to my lap, gave me one of my favorite around the neck squeezes, and said, "I'm so lucky I have you."



Melt. My. Heart.



The conversation that flowed was brief and filled with "I love you more than..."'s. It was a perfect moment.

It's a great day to be Mom. Thanks God, for that. What a great shot in the arm on a day that is filled with drudgery. I am so grateful.



And thank you to Tara Whitney (amazing photographer, artist, Mom, you name it) for posting a heart warming moment on her blog, which spurred me to write down this golden nugget. It was such a quick flash, something that can fade from memory so quickly. I am grateful for the inspiration to write it down.




6 comments:

  1. Very sweet moment and wonderful photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. my heart melted a little, too! I miss those days! Now my sons are in their early 20s and they are too cool for mooshy talk like that . . . at least for now. Friends tell me they'll change again with a little more maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet moment! I to am glad you wrote it down. Your blog here has inspired me to write and blog these moments. Time goes so quickly and you will treasure this always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when moments like that slip out. Lovely morning and sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet moment and you will always be glad that you captured it in words so it can remain in your memory forever! :)

    ReplyDelete