Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4/11

Day 4: Time. Renewed.
I am thankful to think of each January as a time to rethink, restart and renew patterns, thinking, acti0ns, habits and life in general.
I am thinking about where in this journey I am, and where I plan to be. I am not usually very goal oriented. I think of myself as a go with the flow kind of person. And that's a good way to be. But I have found I can allow myself to be static, simply because I let life happen.

But the wise words of the serentiy prayer advise to look for the things I can change, as well as the wisdom to know the difference. Huh, I often forget about that part!

So as a new year begins, as I take stock in where I've come to, my first action plan is to be thankful. And to create action with my thanksgiving. Because sometimes, quiet reflection demands action.

So 2011, I thank you for the opportunity to actively appreciate the gift of a beautiful, strong sun today, a friend sharing their joy, a friend needing support, a great job, a loving family and a warm home to come back to.

11 comments:

  1. Sara, I love the beginning of the year too. Just the opportunity to really think about goals and make new plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to remember the serenity prayer with focus on the wisdom to know the difference - I need to learn when to stop laboring about something, especially when I can't change it and harping about it does not help the situation. I admire your goal to give regular thanks - something everyone could benefit from doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started a gratitude journal this year. It's so uplifting to stop and think of everything that is 'right' sometimes instead of focusing on what went 'wrong'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! You are so right to start out by being grateful. This is a wonderful reminder to me to do the same. Figuring out how much is within our control and how much to leave to God is a challenging balancing act. May we find the wisdom to know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice reminder to all for new beginnings and gratefulness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fresh starts of a new year as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so beautiful to start the year out being grateful instead of waiting until THanksgiving like most people! good for yOU! I am keeping a journal of "happy" things that happen each and every day for the whole year!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appreciating what we have truly does increase the "richness" of our lives! Good to see you back, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post - a great reminder to be thankful all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sentiments. Having a thankful heart is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete