Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1: January 1, 2011

Here is day 1:
I am grateful for my girls, and their love of play. They each have a wonderful imagination, but together, they often leave me in wonder. The smallest of small, the pieces they pick up from life, from stories, from television, from school... and incorporate it into their own world view. It is fantastic. I almost wish this was a video, so that their story was shared. But I'm grateful they have weach other, and that although there are four years between them, they enjoy each other and push each other to bigger and better stories.
Here, they are playing with a barbie that Miss K designed a dress for, and a LPS bird, Miss S's favorite toy, and made my MIL's Christmas train into the Polar Express. Miss K was Santa's lovely assistant, and Miss K's bird gave frequent updates on the state of the naughty/nice list. They played for at least an hour. Is there a sweeter sound to a mother's ear, than that of her children playing together?

No comments:

Post a Comment