Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 12

Day 12: Snow
First off, I snapped this from the lobby, loving the snow dusted tress and play of sunlight streaming down. When I viewed it, I laughed that I caught my own reflection. I played with it, inspired totally by Carolyn (a fantastic photographer in California) and ended up with this:

So today:
I am thankful for the online community of photographers, who inspire me all the time, even when I am not even a little bit in a photo kind of mode. I am thankful for my online friends who reached out and prayed, and overall supported us in a situation that has nothing to do with photos.
I am also so very grateful to a friend (Jesse R.O.C.K.S.!!!) who shoveled out the walkway again, but also shoveled out my car so that when we returned to my parents' home, and it was only 10:00, I could make the drive to MY HOME. There is no way I would have had the energy to shovel and then drive home. I got to be with my husband, shower in my own shower, sleep in my own bed. These little things become so important and I am grateful for each. And I am grateful to my wonderful husband who was so thoughful, having a wonderful snack waiting for me, a relaxing drink, ready to go, and big wonderful arms to wrap me up in. I am thankful for my partner.


No comments:

Post a Comment