Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1 23: Hair

Day 23: Hair
Okay, yes, hair. All four of us are blessed with a LOT of hair. Three of us have brown, thick hair. Miss S's hair is lighter and a bit thinner than the rest of us. But I love their hair. It is long, it is hard to brush and keep up with, it's a chore that we go through daily. However, my girls have such lovely hair, and they love to have it down long, and it just makes me smile.

Somewhere, a long time ago, I read a quote that basically said hair is the one thing God gave us some control over (in that we can style it and cut it, and it grows back), and it is a good thing because look how often we mess it up! For some reason, that metaphor always stayed with me. I'm thankful God keeps the control out of my hands. There are so many times things in my life did not go the way I wanted them to, but it the end, as a direct result something wonderful was able to occur: my oldest and dearest friend, my education, my spouse, my children, my work. They all occured when something I DID NOT WANT happened.

So, thank you God. Keep the control. The girls and I are happy to simply play with our long hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment