Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1 31: God's creatures, and making lemonade?

Day 31: God's Creatures
I am thankful for the reminder of how much we have. But first: I made lasgna for my parents, aunt and the four of us to share for dinner. We put it outside to freeze, as the fridge is currently quite full. We used our resources available to us. Thought we were smart.

This morning, I noticed little squirrel prints, and the tin foil torn open. A tiny corner of the plastic wrap has a tiny hole. And a bit of sauce, a little bite of meat on the side. And when looked at most closely, a tiny squirrel bite out of the top layer of our LASGNA!

So, a few moments later, a few deep breaths later, and a photo to document... we can now laugh at feeding the hungry neighborhood animals, and enjoy calling in a dinner to enjoy together. Because really it was about being able to see each other anyway. And so:
I am thankful for being reminded the point of it all is being together. I am thankful for the reminder, and thankful for my Miss S who immediately saw the humor and reminded me that when a squirrel gives me lemons for dinner, we just have the chance to enjoy lemonade together.

But seriously squirrel, please stay off my porch for a few days. Let's not push it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment