Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51: A breath of warmth

Day 51: Warmth
Ahh, warm air. A scent of spring. And... a peak at grass! We haven't seen you since Christmas!!!

Today, I am thankful to be here. To have use of my body, to hug my children, to tell my family I love them, to savor the sweetness of chocolate, to smell warm air, to drive on a sunny day, to hear laughter of my children, my love, my parents, my friends.

I am especially thankful for a peek at grass. Even though it is still the season of winter, I love this part- the glimpses of promised return to warm and sunny days. Even though cold days are ahead, even though snow may well return, it is lovely to catch a glimpse of seasonal change. Tomorrow, I'll rejoice in the silence and beauty of snow. But for today, I am thankful for a warm sun on my face.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for all of those things also. I really like reading your daily gratitude's. It makes me appreciate the things around me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to chocolate and a little bit of grass - yep, all on my list as well. We actually had some very Spring like days (son wore shorts to school twice last week - ack!) but I keep reminding everyone that we are just to the middle of February and winter is not through with us yet. And I'm not fully ready for all that Spring holds yet, so I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy your gratitude blog! It helps me pause and remember to give thanks. Here's a couple of additional items on my list for today: I'm so happy for the rain we got today that helped washed the salt off the streets . . . and I'm so happy that my husband was able to fire up the grill on the deck so we could have a barbecue in the middle of February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post - should do some gratitude posts sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete