Friday, February 4, 2011

2. 4: Magnificent ice

Day 35: Nature as art
Driving in to work today was truely magnificent. I wish I'd either had my camera, or been prepared to stop to take a snap with my phone. Part of me is a bit delighted that I had to "take a picture with my mind", a la Miss S. I took this snap of some ice out my door, in honor of this morning's scene.

I drive through a state park, that winds over and around a mountain. It is a fabulous way to begin and end my day; there are often small scenes that tickle the imagination and give me something to smile about.

This morning, the ice was everywhere on the tress (not the road) and bushes. There were icicles hanging where the ice had begun to melt and froze mid drop. It was thick and beautiful. But to make it even more lovely, the sun was low in the sky, lighting each and every frozen drop. It looked like a forest of crystal. I felt my heart catch from the overwhelming, dazzling sight around each corner. I wished my girls were with me as it was the perfect setting to look for fairies and magic. I cannot put into words, and I fear any image I tried to capture, would not do the scene adequate justice.

And so... I am so grateful for the opportunity to be present in such glory this morning. No matter what our belief is in, today it was easy to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment