Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 52: Sharing appreciation

Day 52: Shared thoughts...
Today, the snow returned: Hello, snow! I am thankful for the beauty it brings to an otherwise stark season. But today, as I was driving with my girls, I was especially thankful for our shared appreciation of the beauty around us.

Miss K noted the mountains, Miss S the ice dripping down the rock cutaways, and I noticed the evergreens. Each of us quietly remarked on a detail as we drove through the mountains.

They teased me as I stopped to take photos along the way with my favorite Hipstamatic. But, when I stopped across for the old mill, we all appreciated the beauty of the moment. It is a great ruin. But I like this photo because it will remind me of a quiet drive, where my girls and I were together, enjoying the moment, appreciating the world we live in and the beauty around us and just being present together. It wasn't long, but precious to my bank of Momma memories- a ten year old, six year old and forty one year old, together.

I am thankful my girls notice. And I am thankful they are willing to go along with me from time to time. With the four years between them, and the fact that I am Mom- I know I need to enjoy, and appreciate these moments as they come.

I am thankful for sharing a lovely ride with my girls.

4 comments:

  1. I love how it looks when the snow first falls, I agree it's gorgeous. I always get a little sad when it gets all messed up and gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never take for granted my time with the kids. My little girl who was 8 yesterday turns 18 this Sunday - where did the time go? I am ever grateful that they still enjoy my company, and I certainly enjoy theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious moments spent with your kids make the best memories. Lovely photo, too!

    ReplyDelete